Simulating a match on Match Simulator is a straightforward process that involves two main steps: setting up your match and configuring match settings.
Setting up your match
1. Access 'Quick Match': Start by navigating to the 'Quick Match' option, which you can find in the menu or by clicking here
(opens in new tab).
2. Choose Your Teams: You'll encounter two blank team crests along with home and away input fields. To select your teams, begin typing the name of the team you wish to use. As you type, the website will suggest teams. Once you spot the team you want, click on it, and it will automatically fill in. Repeat this process for the other team, and you're all set.
Now, let's delve into the options you can explore in the 'Match Settings' section:
1. International Matches: If you're looking to simulate a match between national teams, ensure you select 'National teams' in the match settings. Please note that you might be prompted to search for the teams again.
2. Choose the Season: You have the flexibility to pick the season for which you want to simulate the match.
3. Home Advantage: Decide whether you want to apply the concept of home advantage to your match. This will give a slight advantage to the team playing at home.
4. Match Types: Select the type of match you'd like to simulate – whether it's a league match, a cup match, or even a double match.
5. Custom Line-Ups: If you want to take complete control of your team's line-up, opt for 'Custom' under Line-ups.
6. Match Engine: When it comes to the match engine, you have two options to choose from:
a) Standard: This is the default match engine option, providing a solid and reliable simulation experience.
b) Beta: The 'Beta' option represents the advanced match engine. If you're looking for more intricate controls that take into account positions, formation, and the nuanced strengths of attack and defence, this is the choice for you.
Please note that the this option only shows if you opt for custom line-ups.
Once you've completed the setup, it's time to move on to the next step. You'll notice a prominent button – either 'Start Match' or 'Edit Line-ups,' depending on your selections.
If you opted for 'Custom Line-ups,' you'll be directed to the 'Edit Line-ups' screen. Here, you can fine-tune your team's formation and starting XI before proceeding to the match.
If you're all set and didn't select custom line-ups, simply click the big 'Start Match' button, and you'll dive right into the match simulation.
It's as simple as that! Get ready to experience the excitement of soccer simulation on Match Simulator.